Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bundled up inside

The cold has set in and this Iowa girl is fairing well, although, I do try to stay inside as MUCH as possible. :)

Piper, Wilson, and Chloe in the yard...so obedient! :)
On our last few days of warmer weather Jon was shoveling while I snapped some pics of our dogs in the yard. If you don't have dogs, or aren't partial to them that is ok. However we LOVE our dogs and think they're pretty fun, and sometimes make us laugh at unexpected times…
Wilson, the young guy of the gang


As the wind chill picked up during the middle of this week the dogs couldn't stay outside for every long, so they get pretty antsy when we come home.

 Well one evening I came home, let them in the yard, fed them, and went inside. Jon then came home about 20 minutes later and let them into the yard again, well they loved this and he began to shovel some snow in the harsh Fargo wind chill (-35)...crazy, meticulous guy!

A few minutes passed and as I looked on from inside the house, and Jon from the drive way we could see the dogs had slowed down and weren't enjoying the weather AT ALL!

Wilson's paws seemed to bother him as he walked out of sync, at times holding a single paw up in disgust at the frozen feeling I am sure he was experiencing. I looked to see if the girls, Piper & Chloe, were experiencing the same thing and I was over come with tears of laughter!

They too were slowing down their play and reacting to the freezing temperatures. Piper with great discomfort shown on her face and a paw raised; and Chloe slowly holding up one front paw, half way sitting down, began raising her other front paw, now trying to balance and keep off of the ground, oh what a sight!

Jon, quickly let them inside to their heated garage, where they went straight to their dog houses, I am sure to lick their frozen paws. No worries, they are fine, but have provided Jon and I with several random bouts of laughter these past couple of days!
Our setters are the best of friends!


Here's the old beauty of the bunch, Chloe, our French Brittany.
Things inside are progressing, but not quite ready for a reveal, as I have felt under the weather recently. I’m feeling more like myself today though, hoping this cold goes away!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! And will someone in Iowa please go sledding for me!

enjoy.
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Your dogs are beautiful!!
    I just love dogs. Our English Springer Spaniel is ALWAYS making us laugh. :)
    Dogs are the best ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what gorgeous dogs and pictures of them! and BRRRRR, i was complaining about the rain but seriously... compared to your temps i will just keep my mouth shut! good idea about the staying inside, i'm with you on that!

    ReplyDelete