Monday, April 9, 2012

Two birthdays, some family fun, and the GPS!


My husband and I packed up and went to the Twin Cities to hangout with his family last weekend.

I love the cities, my Uncle and his family have lived there for a long time and I have always enjoyed the array of activities, and amazing food we've had. Truth be told if I hadn't met my wonderful husband I might be living in an artist loft somewhere in that wonderful city. However I would be lonely without my goofy husband and three wonderful dogs, God's plan is definitely better than mine any day!

Anywho, here is a mini tour of what we did. Low cost fun in the Twin Cities!

A visit to Ikea was first in order, so that Dave and Mary could get some cabinet samples for their church kitchen project, and I have to say it was really fun to look around at all the modern home decor!

That evening Aaron and Katie arrived and we went out for my birthday dinner at
Christos Greek Restaurant in St. Paul.

 Our appetizer was some amazing Hummus,
and
Saganaki (Melted kasseri cheese flamed tableside with brandy, doused with lemon juice) on warm pitas!

My brother-in-law Aaron and I shared half of our meals together; falafal on top of a parsley salad with tahini sauce, and Gyro meat sliced with Tzatziki! It was DELICIOUS! One great birthday meal, and not too expensive!

After Dinner we walked around and took pictures, Christos of St.Paul is inside the main lobby of an old depot. The ceiling opened up to the second floor apartment windows with massive marble columns!
The Architeture and old details were fantastic, I would love to see one of those loft apartments some day!


  The walls and ceiling were a perfect dusty yellow with all the trim in a beautiful 1950's green-teal!

Below:
 Right: Katie and Mary looking at the giant mural of an old train that would frequent here.
 Left: My goofy husband in the hat, Aaron, and Dave...can you tell they are related...really in sync! :)

















I thought these shots were fun




My sister-in-love Katie, she is also a lover of Photography!



We concluded the evening with some homemade cheese cake, made by my amazing
 mother-in-love,  Mary...with homemade raspberry topping!



Tomorrow I will post about our antique adventures and the Zoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment