Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The GPS...a life saver

On Saturday of our weekend in the cities the ladies went for coffee and antiques and the guys went disc golfing.

First the GPS took us to Starbucks and we had a delicious hot drink on an unexpectedly cold day!
 Next we went to Hunt & Gather an antique/all things I love to search through shop in Minneapolis! It was so much fun, so many awesome things!! These old letters from signs were everywhere inside and out. I will return this summer and scour the place for the perfect "G."
I fell in love with these old metal bins, I hope they are still around next time...I just couldn't think of where to put them in my house...
Anyone have an idea??

Oh, and it seems very strange to me, but at almost every antique shop I've gone to recently there are mounts of old taxidermy animals. My husband has plenty of deer heads, so this is not appealing to me.

Do you have any taxidermy in your home for decoration, not for show of you man's prize??


Yep, that is the neck of an animal hanging next to those beautiful bins...

Did I mention that is was cold and kind of wet...

The brothers BOTH rolled up their pants after their disc-golf adventure to take a nap on the bed,
so funny!

Then we grabbed some Jimmy Johns and headed to the Como Zoo in Minneapolis, it is free with and encouragement of a donation.

The Hallan Clan met us there: Patrick, Jennifer, Elias, and Lainey; they are close friends of the Grandon's but more like family to us all!

The Planetarium
Bundled up for the Zoo!

Patrick & Elias



   Polar Bears were my favorite!!
They are HUGE!
Amazing animals!! These fellas here are twin bothers. :)
   Lions and Tigers were amazing as well, I just kept thinking about how Noah and his family were in close quarters with all those animals on the ark...WOW!

I am thankful there was a large pane of glass between us!





























 The tiger was licking the glass and then decided he didn't really enjoy it... :D
















We all enjoyed the Zoo, I would recommend it to any family visiting the Cities!!


 The planetarium was gorgeous too!!






































The flower house was gorgeous and blooming with pink varieties of all kinds! I hope my friend Colbey Decker of Make Your Day Designs, reads this post and creates a new pattern with layers of ruffles, the flower above is my favorite!!











I especially enjoyed all the plants and their wonderful textures and organic shapes! I could show you picture upon picture, but I will spare you this time :)


Here is Little Lainey!! See the new trick she has learned?!! Love her!

Well that is our trip, accompanied by a trip to the California Pizza Kitchen and some great conversation with all the family!

We love you and miss you already!

Do you have some fun adventure planned for the near future?

enjoy.
Liz





No comments:

Post a Comment