Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's a Leap Year! Happy Birthday Dad!


So, today my dad becomes a teenager, 13 or 52 for those of you not familiar with Leap Year babies!!

He is an amazing man after God's heart and I am blessed to call him my Dad!

Yep, that's me :)





So for a number of birthdays I have told my dad I would make him some art...well my realism skills aren't that great, but I am putting myself out there for the enjoyment of my dad! 

Here is the start of my tri-panel landscape of the Grand Canyon for my Pops! 

The picture is from our family trip to the National Park when I was in middle school.


  
 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recently my husband and I went to Iowa to visit our families. We had a great time and got to see our grandparents along the way!
 My Grandpa Horick who is turning 90 in May hadn't been doing well, so I am glad we got to spend some quality time with him and fortunately he has gotten better. 
He is wonderful!

This is my Grandma Horick, my Mom's mom, love her!

























We were also able to visit Jon's Grandma and Grandpa Schaad after Grandma had surgery to remove some cancer.

She is doing well and we are praying for her recovery and Chemo treatment to go smoothly, God is faithful! (Photo from Christmas 2011)

We miss our family in Iowa and are thankful for every visit we have with them even when it takes 8 hours to see them! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We brought back a project from Iowa!!



A dresser that was my grandparents...it will be my first furniture painting project! Wish me luck...and feel free to give any tips toward furniture painting success!!

Well, that's all for now...

enjoy.
Liz

1 comment:

  1. The fact that your dad is finally a teenager is pretty awesome, if you ask me! ;)
    I've always thought it would be funny/awesome for someone to be born on leap day, but I've never known anyone who has before!

    Love the old photos of you guys!

    ReplyDelete