Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A muralist I think I am : Family Tree

So, a while back my co-worker, and friend Brianna asked if I would be interested in painting a tree on her parents wall. 

This would be something of a background image for a collection of family photos and it would be a "family tree" wall display. I have seen a few of these on Pinterest and such, but never in person. 

This tree created by Centsibly chic sisters
I personally love trees and have observed, drawn, and sculpted them for a long time now, so I said I could do it. Now, if you know me then you know that I don't share my personal art very freely, but I love to give people things I have made and encourage others in their creating. 

This tree gave me the most inspiration for movement of the branches--created by Fresh Paint Artist Linnette Lee

So needless to say this was a step of faith on my part that I could successfully complete this tree mural and make my client happy. The Lord gave me courage and sustained me through encouragement from my good friend and paint partner Tricia and lots of joy throughout the process. 

Day1: Blank Slate
I sketched out the tree with a 3H drawing pencil, so the lines wouldn't be too dark to erase or touch up with the wall paint. This process took about and hour and a half, I did do some preliminary sketches, but had a general idea of how many main branches I wanted and then used my own visual sense from there.

Here is Tricia started on the main beams
Several hours later our tree is growing!!
Me cleaning up on day one.














Day One: Most of the main parts and a few details painted
Day Two: Adding the small branches and details

Details and main branches I added in the morning.
We added green leaves

Then red leaves, which completed Day Two.

Day Three:
We finished up a second coat of brown on the branches & added the golden yellow leaves.


Cleaning up after the finishing touches!



Tricia and I were delighted with how the tree, etc, turned out and so were Brianna's parents!!
They promised to send me a picture once they have their frames and photos ready, so an after the final tree picture will be posted later!!

enjoy.
Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment